Mountain Top (through exclusive North American distributor, LTA Manufacturing, LLC) warrants each new Mountain Top retractable pickup bed cover to the original owner (nontransferable) as follows:
The Mountain Top EVO and EVO-M have a three-year warranty for the failure of materials and workmanship.
Items not covered under the warranty
- Normal wear over the life of the Mountain Top cover (including fading or discoloration)
- Water intrusion at any location or any damage caused as a result
- Other dealer and/or purchaser installed parts and accessories
- Force majeure or other external causes
Conditions that will void all warranty
- Non-lubrication of the rails or coil within the canister
- Altering the Mountain Top cover in any manner
- Use for any purpose other than the normal intended use
- Misuse, negligence or accident
- Installation of any other part or accessory that comes in contact with, or may interfere with, the Mountain Top cover without the written approval of the manufacturer
- Failure to adequately secure cargo to prevent damage to the Mountain Top cover
- If the product is not installed according to the Installation manual
- If the product is not used and maintained according to the owner’s manual or normal proper care and maintenance are performed.
- Damage due to accidents, off-road driving, alterations, acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, floods, and other natural disasters.
CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This warranty is subject to certain conditions and limitations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Any part of a Mountain Top retractable pickup bed cover that is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty will be repaired or replaced, using either new or reconditioned parts, at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- In determining what constitutes a failure under the terms of this warranty, the decision of the manufacturer will be final.
- This warranty is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- The manufacturer does not accept any responsibility in connection with the installation of any of its products by its dealers or agents.
- Without regard to an alleged defect of its products, the manufacturer does not, under any circumstances, assume responsibility for inconvenience, loss of time, revenue or other consequential damage including, but not limited to, expenses for telephone, food, lodging, travel, loss or damage to the vehicle the products are installed on or loss or damage to personal property of the purchaser or user of the products.
- The manufacturer does not undertake the responsibility to any purchaser for warranty expressed or implied by any of its dealers, distributors or agents beyond what is contained herein.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes in the design
- of, improvements to, or warranty of its products without imposing any obligation upon itself to provide the same for any products theretofore manufactured.
- Under no circumstances shall Mountain Top be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages sustained in connection with the Mountain Top model covers.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR KEEPING YOUR COVER LOOKING AND WORKING LIKE NEW
The Mountain Top bed cover should slide open and closed without the use of force.
Care should be taken when setting any items on the cover. If the cover is dusty or an item is dragged across the cover, scratching or hazing may occur. Treat your Mountain Top bed cover like the hood of your pickup. Do not wipe dust off the cover; it should be washed off.
With proper care, the powder coated aluminum cover will last for many years. Do not use any strong chemicals or cleaners of any kind. Do not allow gasoline to come in contact with the cover.
Every effort has been made to make the Mountain Top weathertight; however, the Mountain Top is not waterproof. Use extra care to prevent damage to items during severe weather conditions or while entering a car wash.
Do not force your Mountain Top open if ice forms on your bed cover after an ice storm or car wash. You should use your hand to tap around the perimeter of the cover, which should free up the weather stripping that seals the bed cover along the edges.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long the implied warranty lasts, so the aforementioned limitations may not apply to you.
If a part fails, the purchaser should return to the selling dealer to determine if the failed part is covered under the terms of this warranty. If a warranty claim is necessary, the dealer will contact LTA Manufacturing, LLC (the exclusive North American distributor of Mountain Top) directly at (800) 983-2787. At the LTA’s discretion, photos, a copy of the original bill of sale and the serial number may be submitted in lieu of the returned damaged product to LTA. After determining the validity of the warranty claim, LTA will ship a replacement part prepaid to the customer. Labor costs to replace defective parts are the responsibility of the purchaser.